Lower control arm ball joint boots

Derek Pulvino dbpulvino at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 5 12:50:23 EST 2004

One angle would be to replace the whole control arm.  As far as I know, the 
boots are not available seperately.  When I replaced suspension pieces, I 
damage the boot as well.  As luck would have it, if you buy a bug 
ball-joint, and unfortunately I don't remember if there's several diameters, 
the ball joint boot diameters are compatable with our vehicles.

Believe me, I know.  I've been using one for about 60k now.

Derek P

>Message: 9
>Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 21:49:44 -0800
>From: Chuck Pierce <cpcycle at earthlink.net>
>Subject: Lower control arm ball joint boots
>To: 200 list <200q20v at www.audifans.com>
>Message-ID: <3FF8FAF8.7010306 at earthlink.net>
>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>I am replacing the sway bar bushings and the lower control bushings.
>Once I got every thing apart I noticed that the boots on the lower
>control arm ball joints are cracked.
>Can the boots be purchased separately.  No I did not kill them taking it
>apart, the ball joints can out of the strut housing easily.
>Or do I just replace the control arms?
>Chuck Pierce
>90 200tq 20v Avant

Worried about inbox overload? Get MSN Extra Storage now!  

More information about the 200q20v mailing list