Door Seal Anti Freeze Solutions...

Fred Munro munrof at
Sun Jan 4 09:21:52 EST 2004

Silicone grease. The stuff I use is recommended specifically for door seals
by (gasp!) GM and I apply it every fall.

Fred Munro
'94 S4

-----Original Message-----
From: quattro-bounces at
[mailto:quattro-bounces at]On Behalf Of Ben Swann
Sent: January 1, 2004 4:22 AM
To: the Spaeth's
Cc: quattro at; 200q20v at
Subject: Door Seal Anti Freeze Solutions...

silicone spray

[Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 20:38:41 -0800
From: the Spaeth's <spaeth at>
To: 200q20v at

Does anyone have any good tips/tricks for treating the door seals that will
keep them from freezing shut. We have a 20V avant and when we take it up
and get back to the car I can barely get the rear hatch seal to let go. I am
afraid I am going to tear the seal. The obvious treatments like Son of a Gun
don't seem to work. I thought of maybe trying Vaseline but I don't want to
damage the seals in any way. I would really like to hear any good things to

the Gorge]
quattro mailing list
quattro at