Front stock speaker sizes?

TM t44tq at
Thu Jan 8 11:38:32 EST 2004

The front speakers are 4" in the door pods, 6x9" in the rear deck,
that's it w/ the Bose system.

In order to do 5.25" speakers in the stock door pods, you'll have to
do some fabrication- you won't get 6.5" in the doors without major
modification and removal of the door pods completely.

I prefer a/d/s speakers personally, with Focals being the more expensive
option, just MHO.

Also remember you need a good 4-channel amp as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: 200q20v-bounces at [mailto:200q20v-bounces at]
On Behalf Of steve marinelli
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004 10:15 PM
To: 200q20v at
Subject: Front stock speaker sizes?

My 200tq20v has the Bose audio system. I have heard that there are ten
speakers in this vehicle. Dash and Door components (separate woofers and

tweeters) as well as 6x9s in the rear. I am looking at replacing the
audio system entirely and am curious as to what the fornt speaker sizes
are. I have heard everywhere from 5 1/4" to 6 1/2", so what are they?
deep are the stock locations? I'm looking at either Infinity, MB Quart
Polk Momo components and I want to know what sizes work? Do any of you
have either of these, which sound better?

- Steve Marinelli

200q20v mailing list
200q20v at