Separated Tire noise that isn't on a 200q20v.

Tom Werner noonan67 at
Tue Jan 13 23:57:08 EST 2004

I've got a slight vibration / noticeable noise coming from the front of my
200q 20v that sounds like a tire with a separated belt. Got 4 new tires in
hopes of clearing this up, but no luck.

Sound kicks in at 5 mph, is speed dependent regardless of acceleration,
cruising or braking.  No CV grease slung under car.  Sounds like it is
coming from the front driver side, but I realize that it doesn't necessarly
mean that's where the problem lays.  UFO's could probably use a turning (if
anyone has info on where to get that done, let me know), but they don't
cause significant shimmy while stopping -- nothing that a few stops from 80
won't cure.

Any ideas what to check?

-- Tom