How Much Oil Do you Use?

Derek Pulvino dbpulvino at
Fri Jan 16 13:06:02 EST 2004

May be a bit exagerated,  I don't see any oil burning residue on the rear
bumper of the car.

I don't feel like reworking the equation, but roughly 250k miles to come out
even from this "burn rate" if I add 02 sensor costs every 50k miles.

Hmm, now we're at total mileage on the car of 450k...maybe a little beyond
the life expectancy?  Still doesn't balance out.

But still didn't answer the question, why is this happening.  What are
potential culprits?  How can I be sure it's the head, and not turbo seals,
or a problem with the crankcase vent system?  I figure leak down will tell
me block vs. head, but how could I tell about the turbo seals or if the
cranckcase vent system is my culprit?

Derek P