Cold has reared it's ugly head

Paul Luevano paul at
Sun Jan 18 10:48:31 EST 2004

I wrote:
> Well, found the problem.  At the back of the engine on the passenger side.
> There is that little 6" hose everyone was talking about.  The hose is fine, but
> the valve it is connected to completely disintegrated.

	Kudos to Scott Mockry for getting the heater control valve, hose, clamps,
Pentosin to me in a very speedy manor.  The temps yesterday soared into the
30's, so I spent a few hours getting the car back on the road.

Old valve:

Compared to the new one:

	Installed everything (the hose clamp clamping the valve to the heater hose was
a major, major PITA.  Rusted solid.), installed a new MFTS switch, flushed the
system, and refilled with fresh coolant.

	Thanks for everyone help/advice.

Paul Luevano            |   AMA * MSF   |'99 CBR 600F4  (Racebike)   | USM * CCS #898|'97 CBR 1100XX (Streetbike)
Waltham, MA USA         |  NMA #116657  |'91 200TQ20V   (Winter)
_____"The purpose of man is to live, not to exist."-Jack London_____