Distributor rattling

Dave K. desmo888 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 26 21:16:07 EST 2004

This has been much discussed on the 20v list and it seems we agree that it
is not the gear itself.  It is a timing belt that is on the loose side and
causing vibration through the valve train.  The distributor just picks it up
and sends out the signal.
Having said that, a plastic gear is a time bomb.

Dave K.
1990 Coupe Quattro - 7A, soon to be 3B