1.4 bar low boost and recent owner impressions

Phil Rose pjrose at frontiernet.net
Wed Jan 28 00:29:57 EST 2004

At 9:40 PM -0700 1/27/04, auditude at cox.net wrote:
>  Well, the computer display decided to
>work just as I was almost home tonight, so I took another short trip
>to see if it's still 1.4 bar
>max.  It is.
>Since the boost gets up to 1.4 bar exactly, I'm thinking it's the
>ECU not assisting the WG
>spring (instead of a leak or bad turbo).  So far I have replaced the
>WGFV (it was dead), the
>BPV (it was leaking), and the IC hoses (they weren't Samco's).  I've
>check for fault codes
>(none currently) and ran the output checks (everything's fine).
>I've disconnected the MFTS
>and it didn't make a difference.

>  the car
>makes an audible bypass valve noise when I shift.

Hmm, that's suspicious (i.e., that you have a "bypass valve noise").
Was the leaking BPV replaced with a brand new, stock (Bosch-type)
valve? The several (new, functioning) Bosch valves I've had have not
made any distinctive noise when I shift (or any other time). A tear
in the valve bellows could be causing that noise. Or some other leak.
Have you checked to determine that the vac line to the BPV is intact?

Phil Rose
Rochester, NY
mailto:pjrose at frontiernet.net