Euro light question relating to that damn beeping thing in the dash

Joshua C smuckycat at
Sat Jan 31 11:53:05 EST 2004

I got some euro lights off ebay Germany last fall and recently installed
them (wish I could have done it sooner but I didn't have the time) many
thanks to all the listers whose posts helped immensely (esp Ingo's harness
schematic...built it, pluged it in and it worked with out a flaw!)  What a
difference!  But every time I switch from high to low I get that annoying
"beeeep beeeep"  is this the auto check?  I have dashboard (IC) issues as
well I imagine since I don't have any bulb out indicator as CJ Miller's site
indicated.  Can I remove this annoying beeper without adverse effect?  Is
this the silver cylinder on the back of the IC?  I HATE THAT DAMN NOISE!  It
also routinely beeps when driving (despite having plenty of fluids or what
ever else it measures).
Josh Cummings
91 200 Avant