Changing hydraulic oil?

Gordy_Schesel at Gordy_Schesel at
Fri Jun 18 11:22:38 EDT 2004

Looking on the positive side, it may be a good idea to flush out the system
and replace the fluid anyway, if it has been in there for a long time.
It bothered me when you mentioned "old stuff" though.  I also have a leak,
in my case it is a high pressure hose problem though; and I have the new
($164 from Scott Mockry) replacement hose on hand waiting for me to get
around to swapping it out.  In the meantime, I have been topping off with
new Pentosin from Maplewood Imports and Carousel Audi; Carousel sold me p/n
G-002-000, the Maplewood p/n was P000-043-203-33.  Am I using an incorrect
type from either source?

91 200 quattro avant
91 100 quattro

                      PeterBergin at aol.c
                      om                       To:       200q20v at
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      200q20v-bounces at a        Subject:  Changing hydraulic oil?
                      06/18/2004 09:58

My steering rack leaks a small amount.  So I stopped by the local dealer to

buy some Pentosin.  Ask for specific oil for my car and was sold the old
by mistake which I added unknowing.

So now I have two cans of the correct synthetic Pentosin to change out the
system.  However after thumbing through my Bentley, I haven't found
on how to change out the old Pentosin and how much the system holds.  Also
bought some hydraulic oil stop leak from Blau. to add to the system.

Can any one give me so quick advice?

91 Avant
200q20v mailing list
200q20v at

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  The information in this message, and any files
transmitted with it, is confidential, may be legally privileged, and
intended only for the use of the individual(s) named above.  Be aware that
the use of any confidential or personal information may be restricted by
state and federal privacy laws.  If you are not the intended recipient, do
not further disseminate this message.  If this message was received in
error, please notify the sender and delete it.