green gold pump leak

Bernie Benz b.benz at
Thu Jun 24 14:36:50 EDT 2004

> From: <auditude at>
> Bernie Benz <b.benz at> wrote:
>>> From: <auditude at>
>>> I finally got a look at what was going on, after cleaning and letting it
>>> leak
>>> again.  I'm thinking it's the pressure hose now.  It seems to be most wet
>>> underneath the hose, and I can sort of squeeze pentosin out from under the
>>> sleeve at the end by the crimp.
>>> I'll have to pull the pressure hose off my new parts car this evening and
>>> try
>>> to get things squared away.
>>> It's interesting that the hose looks like it's very new.  I can't tell if it
>>> is a reproduction or the original.  There is something under the skin of it
>>> toward the back.
>> There is a restrictive orifice crimmped into the hose half way down, what you
>> are feeling thru the foam cover.
>> Bernie
> Yes, the thing to make it quieter, that people try to incorporate into hose
> rebuilds reusing the original ends.
It's not just a restrictive orifice, but a complex tube within a tube which
is not reuseable IMO.  If you don't mind a little more noise in the parking
lot, you can make/ have made a far superior and cheaper hose using the
original ends, BTDT and have the parts list if you are interested.
> I was wondering if the presence of the orifice, embossing itself from the
> inside of the hose that way, was an indication of whether the hose was
> original or had been rebuilt?  Do rebuilt hoses reusing the orifice look like
> original ones, or is there a way to distinguish them from each other?
If they have the sponge rubber cover and the center joint they are Audi, if
just a hyd hose, a fabed replacement.