Alternator Belt snapped AGAIN

Ingo D. Rautenberg ingo at
Thu Mar 4 14:19:42 EST 2004

Had the alternator go out on my first V8q many years ago on my way home to
Michigan in West Virginia on a Sunday around noon.  Ended up buying 3
regular Audi-size vented batteries, changing one out every 2.5-3 hrs with
all accessories turned off and using headlights for last 1/2 hr of trip.
Not fun, but beats being stranded.  Ended up using one battery in my old 4kq
and selling another to an Urq owner.

'91 200q20v...Slightly modified
'84 Tornado Red Urquattro
'91 v8 quattro 5-Speed (not exactly stock) :-)

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (