Coolant temperature weirdness

Kneale Brownson knotnook at
Fri Mar 5 13:59:12 EST 2004

My 200q20v read just like yours except the gauge didn't go down at highway
speeds.  Just read low all the time.  Since I had reliable heat in the
winter, I figured it was just the gauge.  When I replaced all my coolant
system except the heater core last fall, I also replaced the two sensors
(MFTS and I forget what the other is called) in the plumbing manifold under
the intake.  Gauge now reads just over straight up all the time.  How's
your boost gauge read?  I was only seeing 1.5 occasionally and never 1.7.
Got it all back now.