Power Window Flakiness

Ed Kellock ekellock at adelphia.net
Fri May 14 17:56:00 EDT 2004

This seems more believable to me because I believe the window lockout switch only controls the rear windows, not the front passenger window.  Right?

From: David Priebe <davidpriebe at cablespeed.com>
Date: 2004/05/14 Fri PM 02:15:30 MDT
To: TooManyAudis at aol.com,  200q20v at audifans.com
Subject: Re: Power Window Flakiness

I had this happen at an track event one time. My drivers
window worked just fine, but the other three windows
didn't work at all. Turned out to be cracked/damaged
ground wire in the wire bundle going to the drivers door.
Apparently with age and repeated bending of the wire due
to opening and closing the door, this is a fairly common
occurance. The fix was pretty simple, pull back the rubber
boot in the door jamb, figure out which wire is causing
the problem, and splice in a new section of wire.

On Fri, 14 May 2004 14:53:08 EDT
  TooManyAudis at aol.com wrote:
>I was lowering the passenger front window today, it
>stopped 3/4 of the way
>down and won't budge.
>Now, the only power window that is working is the driver
>front.  The other
>three appear to have no power going to them.  Couldn't
>find a fuse, and the
>owners manual refers to some mysterious circuit breaker
>thingy that, supposedly,
>magically resets itself after it has been tripped.
>My suspicion lies with that button you push in when you
>have bad gas and want
>to keep your passengers from lowering their windows and
>breathing fresh air.
>(I love that button.)  But, if there is anything else to
>check, please let me
>-- Tom
>200q20v mailing list
>200q20v at audifans.com