Lowering springs Q:

David Priebe davidpriebe at cablespeed.com
Wed Nov 24 02:28:25 EST 2004

> 1991 200 20V lowering springs.
> Are the H&R set from the V8 an upgrade to the 200 20V WRT
> stiffness and
> weight capacity?  S4/S6? Not interchangeable?

I have the H&R V8 springs on my Avant. I have been very happy with them.
They definitely stiffen up the ride. Also they do not drop the car very
much, which I really like. There are some pictures of my car at the
below link. It is my understanding that they are stiffer than other H&R
springs. I can't compare them to the other H&R springs, but I do have
the Eibach springs on my S6. I have been very disappointed with them.
They lower the car too much and are way too soft.

Dave Priebe
Carnation, WA
91 200tqa 184k his FOR SALE !?!?
95.5 S6 118k hers