socketing ECU

Ken Keith auditude at
Tue Oct 5 12:07:48 EDT 2004

Somewhere online I remember a write up of how to add sockets to the
Motronic ECU, at least as far as removal and opening up the case, if
not all of it.  I can't find it.  There is a reference to this page on
But that page is not there.

Do you know where I could find this information?  I have the sockets
and I think I'm going to have a local electronics place do the
conversion, but I want to have those instructions available.

Btw, I spend sunday doing the heater core on my 200q20v.  It wasn't
too bad.  A bit time-consuming, but overall not terrible.  I had
already loosened the heater box for the blower motor before, so that

I'm almost ready to try the suspension again. came through and shipped me the
Bilstein tool I didn't get with my set.  They kept me updated on the
efforts to get it as they did it, which was cool.  I say they are a
good outfit, and the price was great compared to other places.