What's this rubber part? rear transverse link (outer ball join)

CL Wong montesawong at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 10 22:11:58 EDT 2004

Changing my rear pads on the 200Q20v this weekend and
found a torn rubber thing at the outer end of the
transverse link.

The part number from the other side is: 030 080 046

Bentley makes it look like the outer balljoint
bushing, ETKA makes it look like some mysterious extra
part with an unknown part number.

More importantly, can I replace this by simply
unbolting the outer ball joint from the wheel bearing
housing and replace or is it something more dificult
requiring a press and a wheel alignment?

picture posted here (but the audiworld hosted images 
require some fudging on the part of the viewer to get
rid of the D9D or denied msg):



Do you Yahoo!?
Declare Yourself - Register online to vote today!

More information about the 200q20v mailing list