OK, where's my coolant going?

Ken Keith auditude at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 17:20:11 EDT 2004

Speaking of that water pipe/coolant manifold seal, while looking for
other parts recently, I saw that it is available from this place:

These might be the round ones:


Phil Rose pjrose at frontiernet.net wrote:

Another place to look for  acoolant leak is the coolant 
"flange"--that pipe running alongside (underneath) the intake 
manifold. The triangular flange bolted to the head at the center of 
this pipe can seep coolant; this seepage tends to collect at the 
lower edge of the block, but it can be slow enough to never leave any 
puddle below the car. On my car, the source of this seepage( i.e., 
visible drips) became obvious only after  allowing the  engine  to 
cool down for a few hours.

More information about the 200q20v mailing list