bilstein strut tool

Ken Keith auditude at
Sat Sep 11 19:30:01 EDT 2004

Does anyone know if this tool is supposed to be supplied with front
bilstein struts?  I recall having one long ago that was included in
another set, since lost, but my current set doesn't have one in the

I'd prefer not to use a pipe wrench on the collars.  There's a
modified Sears tool described in the next link that can be used, but
I'm wondering if I should have received the tool from Bilstein.

My vendor says I'm supposed to come up with it myself, which seems
pretty crappy.  I've left a message with Bilstein to see what they
have to say.