bilstein strut tool (5)

Bernie Benz b.benz at
Tue Sep 14 18:15:02 EDT 2004

Thanks for the link, Scott.

I've never seen a Bilstein strut insert before (and wouldn't use them).  Now
I understand why you need and they should supply their tool, inasmuch as
they do not use the normal internal hex strut tube nut.  The normal type nut
can be removed with a pipe wrench on channel lock pliers, even if needed to
be torched first.  BTDT on all four of the 89 chassis strut tube nuts.