clutch heavy?

Ingo Rautenberg IRautenberg at
Thu Sep 16 22:05:40 EDT 2004

IME a heavy clutch is (usually) indicative of a clutch nearing the end of
it's life (more like the Pressure plate).  My clutch on the 200 was getting
very heavy until the clutch job -- then it was noticeably lighter.

----- Original Message -----
From: "feelstranger" <feelstranger at>
To: <200q20v at>
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2004 9:53 PM
Subject: clutch heavy?

hello all,
As soon as I acquired my 200 I was surprised at how 'heavy' - or should I
say hard to push - my clutch is.  It feels and sounds smooth otherwise and I
guess I figured that was they way they are.
Well, I was driving around today and was thinking about it again and decided
to ask the list - are the 200 clutches typically heavy?
I ride a bike more than I drive, not to mention hiking and skiing so I'm a
little surprised to find myself feeling like always taking it out of gear at
every light so I can let the clutch out.  My SO dislikes driving the car if
in stop and go situations.
I'm guessing that someone is going to tell me there is a pedal pressure
range listed in the Bentley...
Is the Bomb at all involved in this system because mine is shot.

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (