Airbag recall...

TooManyAudis at TooManyAudis at
Mon Sep 20 22:54:04 EDT 2004

I, too, am having issues with my airbag light.

what is this mysterious recall to which you refer?

-- Tom
A well-known issue (I guess not so well-known as I thought) and
dozens of postings about it during the past few years. It's a common
problem on these cars _after_ having the airbag recall done. One
downside of this long light is "merely" that the airbag is
inoperative during that period of time; the other downside is that
passengers are always asking you about it. The problem can be
eliminated--at least temporarily--by resetting the airbag controller
with a VAG-COM tool.

Phil Rose
Rochester, NY
mailto:pjrose at