Airbag recall...

Schaible, David David.Schaible at
Tue Sep 21 08:59:00 EDT 2004

The airbag recall was a long time ago, if you are not the original owner
and do not know if the recall was done you used to be able to call AoA
or a dealer and they could look up your vin # and tell you if the recall
was done.  2 months after they "serviced" my airbag for the recall the
light came on and stayed on, when I questioned them they said obviously
it was not related.  Many other people had similar experiences after the
recall. Good luck.

David Schaible

JRS Pharma LP
2981 Rte 22
Patterson, NY 12563
-----Original Message-----
From: TooManyAudis at [mailto:TooManyAudis at]
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2004 10:54 PM
To: 200q20v at
Subject: Airbag recall...

I, too, am having issues with my airbag light.

what is this mysterious recall to which you refer?

-- Tom
A well-known issue (I guess not so well-known as I thought) and
dozens of postings about it during the past few years. It's a common
problem on these cars _after_ having the airbag recall done. One
downside of this long light is "merely" that the airbag is
inoperative during that period of time; the other downside is that
passengers are always asking you about it. The problem can be
eliminated--at least temporarily--by resetting the airbag controller
with a VAG-COM tool.

Phil Rose
Rochester, NY
mailto:pjrose at
200q20v mailing list

This email has been scanned by MCI's Managed Email Content Service,