cv joints/ axles

bill bleiler b_ill78 at
Sun Sep 26 19:12:55 EDT 2004

yea, it will end up being parted out eventually, but im sooooo glad i get to keep her around for a while longer.  When compared side by side the axles do look exactly the same....i guess i will just get a cv boot kit , anybody installed one before?
Phil Rose <pjrose at> wrote: At 12:30 PM -0700 9/26/04, bill bleiler wrote:
>Well now that the weight of trying to replace a tranny has been lifted

Well, the ol' list made quick work of that problem, didn't it?

> Here's the situation, i saved my old front axles from my 200q10v
>since they had new outer boots. Around 3 months ago i switched them
>with the stock 20v axles since both of the outer boots were ripped.
>When looking at the two original axles they look identical, but when
>looking for new ones they specify drivers or passengers side. Does
>anybody know how to tell them apart?

The passenger-side axle turns clockwise; the driver-side turns
counterclockwise. But seriously--are there no part numbers cast or
stamped into these pieces? More importantly--does ETKA show different
parts (i.e., numbers) for right and left sides?

Anyway, I'm glad to hear you won't be forced to send her to the
boneyard (not yet).

Phil Rose
Rochester, NY
mailto:pjrose at