Rear Suspension Squeak

TooManyAudis at TooManyAudis at
Tue Sep 28 08:01:26 EDT 2004

Check the ball joints on the upper link rod, the camber adjusting link.
These can be relubed by inserting a hypo needle thru the plastic boot and
injecting oil, BTDT, with GL-5 tranny lube.  If you need to replace just one
of these joints, remember that they are keyed together inside the adjusting
nut, i.e. both must be unscrewed at the same time from the adjusting nut.

Thanks Bernie,

I was suspicious of those pricey upper control arms, and wasn't looking
forward to replacing them.  I will give lubing them up a shot.

-- Tom