Rear Main Seal

Phil and Judy Rose pjrose at
Fri Apr 15 13:54:59 EDT 2005

At 9:17 PM -0700 4/14/05, Emy wrote:
>It looks like my rear main seal is leaking BAD!! I
>need to change it asap. Anybody know a place where i
>can buy a seal and also a site that has some helpful
>hints to help replace it?!

AFAIK, it's a special seal for '91-only, although I'm told that some
people have had luck using the same seal as in earlier 200 models.
The "right" seal might be a dealer-only part. I replaced one
(pre-emptively) a few years ago when the tranny was out for other
work. I seem to recall a discount price for the seal ('91 model) as
somewhere around $25-35 (give or take a bit) . I didn't do the job,
but I recall the tech saying that the old seal had to be chiseled
apart in order to remove.

*  Phil & Judy Rose           Rochester, NY  *
*        mailto:pjrose at       *