Suspension Upgrades

Enzeder enzeder at
Sat Apr 16 13:13:58 EDT 2005

         I read somewhere that, to be aesthetically pleasing, the gap
between the tire and fender should be less than the tire's sidewall
height.  I also think it helps to use a proper offset, no good putting ET45
wheels on a V8 when they should be ET35.

Not my car, but an example is:
If you can live with the additional bearing wear and there isn't any
rubbing, these wheels/tires seem to "fill" out the wheel wells nicely.  The
front tire/fender gap would appear "marginal" using the rule above, but I
still think it looks fine.