Subject: Hanging rear caliper

c1j1miller at c1j1miller at
Sat Apr 16 13:39:51 EDT 2005

From: "Mike Del Tergo" <mdeltergo at>

A quick rip through Bentley didn't show any L/R bias valves etc. I have
R/R caliper binding that isn't EBrake related. I R&R'd both rears about
months ago, including guide pins and carriers. Now right side is
Anything in the system other than the caliper itself to cause this?
There's a load sensitive proportioning valve over the left rear; then
the line runs across to the right rear. Part way there it goes into a
big cylinder with a moving weight that is supposed to keep the right
rear from locking under a hard corner. Perhaps that is stuck?

Chris Miller, Bolton, MA c1j1miller at
'91 Audi coupe q, '85 Audi 4ksq, '81 VW Scirocco
'91 200q20v site ==>