short shifter question.

Phil and Judy Rose pjrose at
Wed Apr 27 22:02:59 EDT 2005

At 7:10 PM -0400 4/27/05, TooManyAudis at wrote:
>I haven't taken a look at the shifter on my 200q yet, but how about cutting
>the stem down about an inch or so, then threading to accommodate the shift

That's been done with other models and also discussed extensively. No
reason it couldn't be done on the '91 200  (in fact I was planning to
do it a few years ago but never got around to it). Gives a pretty
small amount of throw-shortening for a fair amount of effort. Also
can use a shorter knob.  Both might be good to do (esp. in addition
to) a short-shifter mod.

*  Phil & Judy Rose           Rochester, NY  *
*        mailto:pjrose at       *