how to remove rear inner door panel?

CL Wong montesawong at
Sun Aug 7 21:06:27 EDT 2005

Hi folks.

I'm about to perform the "swivel pin" (bentley
pg:64.54) repair on the driver-side rear door on my

Today, I tried to remove the inner door panel (marked
the panel in 3 or 4 places to make sure I could align
it again later.

Problem: Not sure how best to separate the "pull rod"
in order to separate the inner door panel from the
door shell.  Pg 58.1a seems to indicate that there is
a convenient latch on the white adjuster.

Is this the correct place to separate the pull rod?

Anything else that needs to be removed?

thanks in advance