AC compressor clutch not getting power Eric_R_Kissell at
Fri Aug 19 08:01:11 EDT 2005

Hav you checked:

Low pressure switch
High pressure switch
Ambient temp sensor(s?)
Evap temp sensor
Wiring from any of the above.

What readouts are you seeing on the climate control channels? Anything look

I had a shop once bypass the pressure switch that is on the right side up
by the evaporator box (I think near the accumulator) and run a wire from
the input to that switch, through a toggle switch in the cabin and then to
the clutch. I disconnected their bypass circuit and reconnected the
pressure switch after I charged with Envirosafe and everything works fine.
I am not sure what that shop encountered that made them think they needed
to bypass that pressure switch, but it seemed to fix itself by the time I
had recharged and reconnected.