fuel leak

Phil Rose pjrose at frontiernet.net
Mon Aug 22 09:41:46 EDT 2005

At 9:36 AM -0400 8/22/05, Phil Rose wrote:
>Late last night--as I  backed our '91 200q out of the driveway to
>pick up family members at the airport (these things always happen at
>such times, don't they)--- I noticed the car was leaving a trail of
>drops on the pavement behind us. When I stopped to check for the
>reason, I found there was a steady stream of gasoline dripping to the
>ground from under the car. In respect to front-to-back location, the
>fuel leak appears to be mid-chassis--i.e.,  roughly under the
>passenger seat--and close to the passenger side. This was at midnight
>and I haven't had a chance to explore any further.
>Is there a fuel line coupling located in that vicinity? Seems a
>strange location to see a fuel line leak. Any BDTDs???

It just occurred to me that I need to look more closely at the fuel
lines near the fuel filter--since I imagine it's possible we have
that common flexible-line leak near the filter and that the leaked
fuel is just running down the line and simply dripping off to the
ground somewhere further  back(?)

Phil Rose
Rochester, NY
mailto:pjrose at frontiernet.net