Brake problem

Bernie Benz b.benz at
Mon Dec 12 15:39:24 EST 2005

Sounds just like a sludged up check valve in the master cylinder to me.
Never happens in a well maintained hydraulic system.  You believe in the
tooth ferry, too?

From: SuffolkD at
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:02:36 EST
To: 200q20v at, kneale at, b.benz at
Subject: Re: Brake problem

Bernie, some things actually happen without your input.
Heat to the MC from the radiator fan or other source has made documented
cases like this happen.
Be it:
Fluid expansion, seals which swell, or the warping of the
The heat causes the brakes (or just one) to drag.

Don't believe me?  BTDT, water or wet rag around the MC makes it go away
-Scott by BOSTON

> From: Kneale Brownson <kneale at>
> Very common report, especially because of the underhood heat in these cars.
> It's the MC warpping in the heat.
I don't believe it, Kneale.  What's to warpp?  Routine PM is a good