steering rack

melvin guyer melguy1 at
Wed Feb 9 14:01:32 EST 2005

Hi and thanks to all who answered my inquiry about the
steering rack on my '91 200 q 20v. I questioned the
dealer mechanic, whom I trust, and he assured me that
he had determined that the leak of fluid was from the
rack. Following the good advice I received from the
200v group, I obtained a finely rebuilt rack from
Jorgen Automotive in Ann Arbor, (and they even gave me
a tour of their shop when I went to pick up the part).
 Their charge for the rack was 1/5th of the dealer's
proposed charge!!. I have the new part in, the
steering seems a bit stiffer (normal?) and thanks
again for the advice.

mel guyer

Do You Yahoo!?