Vag Com Ugly Cable

TooManyAudis at TooManyAudis at
Fri Feb 25 00:57:32 EST 2005

I just got a vag com ugly cable -- 2 x 2 Ethernet cable with red, black,
yellow and blue shrink wrap to designate the pin-out connectors.
The price was right -- $8 or so off ebay -- and I would like to use it to
connect to vag com and check engine codes and turn off the airbag light if
I am just hesitant to connect directly to my computer seeing that the red
will be connected to what I believe is +12v.
Does anyone use this device?  Is my paranoia real or unfounded?