Strut Tower Brace Design Revisited

Phil and Judy Rose pjrose at
Mon Feb 28 17:06:41 EST 2005

At 4:44 PM -0500 2/28/05, Sean wrote:
>4.  It would seem important to note that the close-up pic of my
>car's stress fracture shows that after the fracture, the two edges
>of fractured metal do not remain aligned.  Rather, the left or
>outbound side (as one looks under the hood at the fracture) is about
>1/8 inch higher than the right side.  In other words, it looks as if
>someone grabbed the sheet metal on left side of fracture and pulled
>it up (though nobody did so).

Ouch! I've never seen one quite so bad (i.e., split and offset like
that). I'd suspect collision damage somewhere in her past. Or
super-firm strut inserts? BTW, what the heck is that strange, black
truncated cone-shaped "intruder" that's sitting just in front of the

*  Phil & Judy Rose           Rochester, NY  *
*        mailto:pjrose at       *