strut tower rip

Ingo Rautenberg i.rautenberg at
Fri Jan 28 12:09:43 EST 2005

Hmm.  Any RHD listers in the UK care to confirm?  Oh, that's right, they
don't have potholes (at least not like in Detroit or Boston or Chicago....

----- Original Message -----
From: <C1J1Miller at>
To: <200q20v at>
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2005 12:03 PM
Subject: Re: strut tower rip

> My thoughts on the cause of the rip are that it is caused by hitting
potholes.  My impression is that most of the cars with the rip are located
where the roads are poor.  Hitting a pothole with only one front wheel,
versus normal driving where both front struts deflect on varying road
surfaces, might help cause the problem... and I'd think more potholes are
hit on the passenger's side than driver's side (seems like that's true for
cones in track exercises).  Plus, that side has the big hole in the web...