Rear Ended by Peterbilt, possible WTB

Kent McLean kentmclean at
Fri Jan 28 15:12:53 EST 2005

"Andy Schor" <walbum at> wrote:
 > I can accept the check and have my car repaired, have it
 > totaled then buy it back and repair or have it totaled and
 > look for another one.

I think the devil you know is better than the devil you
don't.  Assuming the body shop can make right the rear
hatch, I'd go that route.  You know the condition of the
remaining pieces of your car (engine, suspension, clutch,
brakes, etc.), so there shouldn't be any surprises.

With a "new" 91 Avant, you will be learning all that is
wrong with it.  And you'll be kicking yourself when you
think, "I thought I just replaced the brakes" and then
realize that was on the old car.

But then Mike Miller's suggestion to buy it back along
with a 2nd car makes sense, too.  Swap the good stuff
from the old "parts" car onto the new car as it needs it.

Kent McLean
'94 100 S Avant
'89 200 TQ, "Bad Puppy" is no more

More information about the 200q20v mailing list