rear differential not cooperating

Ingo Rautenberg i.rautenberg at
Mon Mar 28 14:43:07 EST 2005

Tried splicing the blue/white 15 MPH wire back together?

Rear tires inflated to the same pressure?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Schaible, David" <David.Schaible at>
To: <200q20v at>
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2005 2:31 PM
Subject: rear differential not cooperating

My rear differential refuses to unlock, any thoughts appreciated !!
vehicle was being abused on an off road snow and ice hill climb (which I
did make it up after getting stuck once), fairly serious bottoming out,
major ruts and serious wheel spinning encountered during outing.

Also, any thoughts on driving on dry pavement with it locked (15mph wire
has been cut)??  I am familiar with audi's publication justifying the 15
mph disengage wrt abs and handling.

David Schaible

JRS Pharma LP

2981 Rte 22

Patterson, NY 12563

*** Visit JRS Pharma at ExcipientFest 2005 in San Juan, Puerto Rico, April
19-20.  Dr. Bob Sherwood will present "Advancements in the Applications of
High Functionality Excipients" ***

This e-mail has been scanned by MCI Managed Email Content Service, using
Skeptic(tm) technology powered by MessageLabs. For more information on MCI's
Managed Email  Content Service, visit

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (