VIN on a 200

Phil Rose pjrose at
Tue May 10 12:11:59 EDT 2005

At 9:24 AM -0500 5/10/05, michael wrote:
>This is closer but too generic for Audi folks.
>What does Audi think they are encoding in a VIN?

I believe someone has posted for you the VIN translation as taken
from the Bentley shop manual. That seems a quite satisfactory
encoding for _my_ vehicles. So why the continued puzzlement about
what Audi "thinks they are encoding"? It seems clear to me from the
Bentley info (it does, typically, tell what Audi "thinks", AFAIK).

>On May 10, 2005, at 9:10 AM, Eric_R_Kissell at wrote:
>>To decode an Audi or VW VIN, try:
>200q20v mailing list

Phil Rose				Rochester, NY USA
'91 200q	(140K, Lago blue)
'91 200q   (64K, Tornado red)			mailto:pjrose at