re. Oil pan detrius

Ben Swann benswann at
Wed Oct 12 16:36:47 EDT 2005


That is the plastic clip on baffle that attaches to the oil pump pickup. 
Just get a new one and clean the broken pieces out of the oil sump screen. 
They have been using those on VW's and Audis since the early 80's AFAIK.


[Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 01:06:19 +0000
From: "Mike Del Tergo" <mdeltergo at>
Subject: Oil pan detrius
To: 200q20v at
Message-ID: <BAY102-F17FB1C8975DBDCCF0F5D0DA47B0 at phx.gbl>
Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed

Found these when I did my oil pan gaskets, any insights?  175K subject.

Message: 10
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 23:27:08 -0700
From: "Patrick Anderson" <patrick.anderson1 at>
Subject: Re: Oil pan detrius
To: "Mike Del Tergo" <mdeltergo at>, <200q20v at>
Message-ID: <001a01c5cef5$f943d9d0$6901a8c0 at PatrickAnderson>
Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1";

Hard to tell how big those pieces are but maybe the plastic cam guard? I'd
open the oil filler cap and see if you can see if you are missing any
pieces. Or remove the valve cover to view the whole thing. They do get
brittle with age.]

More information about the 200q20v mailing list