re. Oil pan detrius

Mike Del Tergo mdeltergo at
Wed Oct 12 18:34:22 EDT 2005

Thanks, best/most plausible explanation.

>That is the plastic clip on baffle that attaches to the oil pump pickup. 
>Just get a new one and clean the broken pieces out of the oil sump screen. 
>They have been using those on VW's and Audis since the early 80's AFAIK.
>[Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 01:06:19 +0000
>From: "Mike Del Tergo" <mdeltergo at>
>Subject: Oil pan detrius
>To: 200q20v at
>Message-ID: <BAY102-F17FB1C8975DBDCCF0F5D0DA47B0 at phx.gbl>
>Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed
>Found these when I did my oil pan gaskets, any insights?  175K subject.
>Message: 10
>Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 23:27:08 -0700
>From: "Patrick Anderson" <patrick.anderson1 at>
>Subject: Re: Oil pan detrius
>To: "Mike Del Tergo" <mdeltergo at>, <200q20v at>
>Message-ID: <001a01c5cef5$f943d9d0$6901a8c0 at PatrickAnderson>
>Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1";
>Hard to tell how big those pieces are but maybe the plastic cam guard? I'd
>open the oil filler cap and see if you can see if you are missing any
>pieces. Or remove the valve cover to view the whole thing. They do get
>brittle with age.]

More information about the 200q20v mailing list