Parking Brake cables, R&R c1j1miller at
Tue Sep 20 23:16:52 EDT 2005

Been years since I did the cables on the 200.  I did it in an afternoon
laying on my back in the driveway.  Loosen the heat shield (10 mm nuts)
and push it forward for access to the pivot.  I decided not to loosen
the threaded rod (deep 10mm?) since it was adjusted right for full
thickness pads and cables that aren't stretched.  I changed the rear
pads at the same time, so the calipers were off, giving all the slack I
needed in the cable ends.  Pretty straight forward; the pivot piece
only goes one way as I recall.

Chris Miller, Bolton, MA  c1j1miller at
'97 Audi A4tq, '91 coupe q, '85 4ksq, '81 VW Scirocco
'91 200q20v site ==>