[V8] The death of The Black Mariah?

Kent McLean kentmclean at mindspring.com
Fri Aug 4 08:34:46 EDT 2006

Roger M. Woodbury wrote:
> It is now two months plus into the search for an exhaust system for The
> Black Mariah.

Before you throw in the towel, why not look for an aftermarket
muffler to fit, and have your mechanic (or a good muffler shop)
weld up a new system for you?  It may not be a Stebro, but it
should a) pass inspection, and b) last you a few more years.
A Google search should help you find a manufacturer. I think
something for a 5-liter Mustang should let the turbo breathe.
Even if you do it in mild steel rather than stainless, it
should last (forgive me) the life of the car.

Kent McLean
'94 100 S Avant, "Moody"
'89 200 TQ, "Bad Puppy" up in smoke