Odd No Start

Paul Luevano paul at clarity.net
Thu Aug 17 22:56:38 EDT 2006

Bernie Benz wrote:
> Hi Alan,
> Your scenario sounds correct, I didn¹t look it up. But the ign. Switch is a
> flaky part of the system. I¹ve replaced more than one in 44 and 89 chassis
> cars.
> Bernie
> > From: "alan cordeiro" <alancordeiro at comcast.net>
> > Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 20:16:03 -0400
> > To: "Bernie Benz" <b.benz at charter.net>
> > Subject: Re: Odd No Start
> >
> > Bernie, I believe the switch drives a ""starter relay through a security
> > relay contact
> > and the starter relay drives the solenoid...

	What I don't get is that I am getting 12V at the starter when I turn the
key, which tells me the ignition switch is OK, the starter relay is OK.
When I put 12V directly to the starter, it starts right up, tells me the
starter and starter solenoid are OK.  So what am I missing?

Paul Luevano            |   AMA * MSF   |'99 CBR 600F4  (Racebike)
http://teamdaemon.com   | USM * CCS #898|'97 CBR 1100XX (Streetbike)
Waltham, MA USA         |  NMA #116657  |'91 200TQ20V   (Winter)
_____"The purpose of man is to live, not to exist."-Jack London_____