Clutch Slave hose

Kneale Brownson kneale at
Fri Aug 25 18:55:41 EDT 2006

My clutch slave hose has a spot where the fabric covering is worn through,
so I ordered a new hose.  The dealer-sourced replacement hose is quite a
bit different.  The one I found on my tranny has a piece of hard tube
attached.  There is not a take-apart connection between the flex and hard
parts.   It looks like it would provide better accommodation of any tranny
movement the way it's set up.  The hose I got lacks the hard line, and
apparently is intended to thread directly into the slave.  Is what I got
what I should have received from the dealer?