window regulator woes Electric Life Broken Wires Door Hinge

Peter Schulz pcschulz at
Tue Jan 3 15:55:08 EST 2006

Based on my experience, more often than not, lack of illumination on a
window switch is due to a burned out LED than a broken wire in the
doors...for some reason Audi saw fit to underspec the current limiting
resistor in series with the LED in the factory switches.

At 03:26 PM 1/3/2006, SuffolkD at wrote:
>The broken wire is very possible.  verified by the lack of illumination on
>the switch in the dark.  Others won't work either.
>200q20v mailing list

-Peter Schulz
Chelmsford Ma, USA

1991 200 20v Q Avant Titan Grey
1991 200 20v Q Avant Indigo Mica
1991 90 20v Q Red
1990 CQ silver (awaiting S2 engine transplant)
1990 CQ red ( to part or not)