Resetting Air Bag fault indicator light w Vag-Com, was AB recall

Bernie Benz b.benz at
Sat Jul 8 14:00:05 EDT 2006

OK Guys, I found my never used Ross Tech OBD2 to 2x2 interface cable for
these old cars and son Dean is bringing down his Vag-Com this afternoon.
I¹ll tear into the center console to find the AB 2x2 receptacle. Anyone have
VC AB reset instructions? Hooked up now what?

Thanks, Bernie

Thanks, Tom.

I needed to know if and where the 2x2 AB interface is located. I¹ll look for
it now that I know it exists, as it is not shown or defined in Bentley.

From: TooManyAudis at
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 10:02:22 EDT
To: 200q20v at, b.benz at
Subject: RE: Resetting Air Bag fault indicator light w Vag-Com, was AB

There is an adapter that works with Vagcom for our older (pre 1996)
interfaces.  Works with both the engine interface, as well as the Airbag

VAS 5051/2 "2x2" Adapter for Older Cars: Ross-Tech Store

Bought mine off ebay a couple of years ago.  Works with the unregistered
version of Vagcom, that has just the basic features.  While you're on ebay,
you may want to get a crowbar to break into that wallet of yours so you can
come up with the $50 or so for the cable and adapter, but you'll find it's
well worth the investment.

Keep checking on ebay, or I will include it for free for whoever buys my
200q20v (cheap, some disassembly and reassembly required)

Audifans Marketplace | 1991 200q20v

-- Tom
1991 200q20v for sale
1988 80q still soldiering on