Problem solved (?) Engine cut- out

Huppert, Eric eric.huppert at
Tue Jul 25 15:05:03 EDT 2006

Mike, Phil,

Very much agree on your "inadvertently fixed something else" stance.

Definitely not the way I like to troubleshoot problems. Too many years as a
mechanic, etc etc. Nothing I found while going through boost hoses indicated
any sort of overboost, no codes, nothing that was obvious.

Neither the RPM sensor or the Air temp sensor would cause the symptoms I had!
I disconnected and checked numerous connectors for corrosion, tightened
clamps, checked everything I could possibly imagine could cause a problem.

Guessing the power steering pump r&r probably didn't have anything to do with
it either?

Will check the codes again in a day or two, see if anything surfaces.
Intermittent problems, especially electrical, are always a joy to chase down!
Maybe that's why I enjoy Audis so much :o)