Coolant Color

TooManyAudis at TooManyAudis at
Tue Jun 13 16:13:36 EDT 2006

Wrong  color, Tom. Isn¹t that obvious!

> Yes, but, the discussion  has also centered around the question as to
> any  antifreeze other than Pentosin is acceptable.  If the Prestone
> Life (orange color) is not acceptable, I'd like to know  why.
> thanks,
> Tom
Well, if it is just he color that's the problem, I'd like to throw in that  I
have used the prestone orange extended life in 5 Audis -- 2 4ks, 1 4kq, 1
80q,  and a 200q20v and I have had no issues that can be referred to as coolant
related.  Average miles driven per vehicle -- 150k plus (30k on the  200q20v).
 Average mileage per vehicle when I got each -- 125k (213k on the  200q20v).
Timing belt changes and waterpumps every 60k miles or so, including refills
with orange prestone extended life.
It's worked so far...
-- Tom